As Korene mentioned in the “Spoonful of Sweet Sentiment” post, we went to a Bridal Shower for a dear friend. While I was gone for the afternoon, my crafty kids were inspired by our spoon craft and surprised me with an extra sweet sentiment. They made me this adorable necklace from one of their baby spoons. My kiddos are 11, 8, and 5 and did this all on their own with only a little muscle required from my husband and the supplies in the “craft box”. Check out what they gave me!
Here’s how they did it-
You will need:
- Baby Spoon (if you have one that the kids all ate with it is extra special)
- Paper embellishment – The kids wrote “mom” on a piece of construction paper, but the possibilities are endless. I would like to try it with baby photos!
- Mod Podge
- Mod Podge® Dimensional Magic™- This stuff is really cool and more kid friendly than the 2 part epoxy
- Pliers to bend the spoon
- Remove plastic covering from baby spoon. The kids did this by leaving it out in the sun for a few months after using it in the sandbox:-)
- Use Mod Podge to adhere your paper.
- Add Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on top of your paper enough to fill spoon
- After spoon is dry, bend handle. The kids said they just bent it back and forth a few time and it broke just perfectly:-) Have someone strong “curve it back” with pliers so it will hold your string.
- Add string to the desired length
- Surprise your mom and make her cry!
I just had to share this. It makes me happy to see my kids wanting to be crafty!